Saturday, March 28, 2009

The letter I sent to my proffessor

Dr. Cotton,
My name is Jody DeWolf. I am in your Women and Violence class on Tuesday's and Thursday's at 11 am to 12:15 pm. I want you to know that I am submitting a formal complaint to the director of the Criminal Justice Department about your perfomance as a professor this semester. I feel that this class has been a complete waste of my time and money. I am disappointed that a professor who seemed so passionate about encouraging students to not be lazy is such a poor professor. I am bothered by the amount of classes that you have cancelled this semester. I feel that you have very high expectations of your students that are not too difficult to meet however I do not feel that you are under the understanding that as you have expectations of your students, your students have expectations of you as well. Unfortunately, for the students in this class, you have not met these expectations in my opinion. I feel that I have not learned anything in this class seeing as though I think we have had about three weeks of actual class where you have only lectured in a few of these periods. I was very excited about taking this class and was looking forward to learning a lot and have been let down. Nothing has met the expectations that I had for this class. I understand that you have commitments however I strongly believe that if you hold to those commitments you are not holding to the commitment that you are making to the student by having this class. I find it very unfair that you would even still have the class while knowing about all the commitments that you will have during it and in turn making up for your slacking lectures in assignments out of class. As a result, I am submitting a formal complaint to the director and I will be asking for a full refund of my money. I believe that I should not receive a No Credit or Withdrawal or Failure for the class when asking for my refund because I have full intentions of completing every assignment as well as showing up for the remainder of classes. I'd like to thank you for your time in reading my complaint. If you have any questions I can be reached at this email.

Jody DeWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment