Wednesday, February 11, 2009

News Ramblings

So at my second job I listen to the television all day which is almost always on the news unless I change it too food network, the travel channel, or animal planet. So I hear about what is going on with the top stories all through out the day and I normally voice my opinion by talking back to the television. However, since I have nothing to do at work right now I'm going to vent my frustrations and opinions here.




I want to first start out with the story of the single mom with octuplets. If you don't know a single California woman just gave birth recently to 8 invitro children. She already has 6 other children ranging from the ages of 2 to 7, so in total she has 14 children. There are several problems that I have with this story. First of all, I think it was morally unethical for the doctor to practice they way he did. Each of the 14 children were born through invitro practices. The woman has no husband, no boyfriend, and is relying on her parents to help her raise the children. [Parents that she openly admitted to being dsyfunctional.] The woman has no income, is on food stamps, is like $50 thousand in school debt, and can not afford to pay her medical bills, let alone afford to raise 14 children. I think the doctor should have done his homework on this woman and made the final decision to not allow her to be implanted with six more embryos that resulted in 6 more children plus 2 twins. My second problem has already been mention. I can not believe that this woman would be so selfish and ignorant. She has six children that she already can not afford to raise, so despite her desire to raise a big family she should have made a wiser decision and not gone through with the procedure. She now has to rely on her parents, who, like I said, she claims to be dsyfunctional, and tax payers, which is unfair. I honest to God believe that she knew what she was doing and had plans to simply work the system and is taking pride in being successful at it. My third problem is that the woman knew the risks of carrying bearing 8 children and instead of being smart, she once again was entirely selfish, and now three of the children are known to be disabled. I saw pictures of the children in a newspaper today and two of them had their eyes covered because they were being treated for jaundice. Oh and my final problem is that some people are saying that this lady is obsessed with trying to follow in Angelina Jolie's footsteps. They have actually gone as far as accusing her of getting plastic surgery on her lips and nose in order to look more alike Angelina Jolie. I almost really want to believe these accusations. If you look at two pictures of the women you do see striking similarities and the idea of wanting a big family could stem from Angelina's desire to also have a large family. I think this woman has taken a bite that she has no right and NO CHANCE whatsoever of chewing. I kind of wonder what California tax payers are thinking and what is going to happen.






Next, I would like to address Alex Rodriguez openly admitting to taking steriods. I am extremely disappointed in A. Rod. I am a HUGE fan not only of the Yankees, but also of A. Rod himself. I can not believe that he would stoop so low as to cheat to make himself a better player and as a "former" athlete I have lost all of my respect for him as an athlete. I haven't lost complete respect for him because unlike other baseball legends, Barry Bonds as a prime example, he was open about what he did and was, I believe, sincerely apologetic. I would also like to add that I'm not only disappointed in A. Rod alone. I am disappointed with the Major League Baseball association as a whole. I think their steroid policies need to be more strictly enforced and there needs to be a major crack down on anyone who uses because this is ridiculous. I LOVE baseball. A lot of people think I'm crazy for liking it because they think it is so boring but I love it. I will even watch a whole game on television without changing the channel except for commercials. The fact that steriod use is so prevalent in this sport is really aggravating and saddening to me. I think any athlete who uses steroids is pathetic and obvisouly shouldn't be playing if they believe that they don't have enough skill to be a natural sport super star. My main concern is the amount of publicity baseball gets for this problem. . .I really think that a major investigation of every athlete in EVERY SPORT needs to be in place because I truly believe that there is a lot of other athletes that use and it needs to stop. They are role models and children look up to them and the view they give off is not positive if they are not real about their talent.






No comments:

Post a Comment