Friday, February 27, 2009

Job Searching/Recipes [=

I am definitely trying to do everything that I can to find a job to replace the tax agency spot because I am not getting enough hours there or at the courts to save money, let alone just MAKE MONEY. I've been looking online and sending out my resume and filling out applications for a couple hours now so hopefully I get something back. I actually sent in an application to do the paper route around my neighborhood so hopefully I get something back for that cuz that's early in the morning and will probably only take an hour or so, so its quick and easy side cash. Anything helps regardless of where it comes from. I've gotten a little distracted and have found some recipes that I'm interested in so I'm going to put some of those up here too.


Calabacitas
1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 poblano, or Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and diced
2 cup(s) diced zucchini
2 cup(s) diced summer squash
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chile; cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, summer squash and salt; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro (if using).

Roasted Veggie and Feta Sandwhiches
1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound) [not sure if I'll use this]
1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup(s) roasted red peppers, rinsed and chopped
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 ounce(s) feta cheese
2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
crushed red pepper
1 round loaf whole-wheat country bread (about 9 inches across)

Preheat a grill or the broiler. Cut eggplant crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. If using a grill, oil the grill rack (see Tip). Brush 1/2 tablespoon oil over both sides of the slices. Grill or broil the eggplant until lightly browned and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly. Chop the eggplant coarsely and mix with red peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Mash feta with a fork in a small bowl. Add lemon juice, oregano, crushed red pepper and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil; blend until smooth and spreadable. Season with pepper. Slice loaf in half horizontally and scoop out about 1 inch of the soft interior from each half. (Reserve for another use, such as breadcrumbs.) Spread the seasoned feta in the bottom half of the loaf. Spoon the chopped eggplant and peppers over the cheese and replace the bread top firmly. Cut into wedges.


That's all for now. . .I gotta do some homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment