Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Research Experiment Ideas - Again

I know this might get old. But this is helping me. If you have any suggestions please feel free to add them.

What if I did something that dealt with attractiveness. Like, if I could explore what areas of the brain are activated when a person is evaluating the attractiveness of another individual. My question would be Are there certain areas within the brain that are activated when a person is judging the attractiveness of another individual? Do different areas of the brain activate depending on gender? Do different areas of the brain activate depending on age? My hypothesis would be that there are areas within the brain that activate while a person is judging the attractiveness of the brain. There are not different areas of the brain that activate when a man or woman is judging the attractiveness or when an older individual or younger individual is doing the judging. My independent variables would be gender and age. My dependent variables would be the measure of the brain activity and the level of attractiveness. Operationally defined, level of attractiveness would be measure on a one to ten scale, with one being the lowest rating of attractiveness and 10 being the highest rate of attractiveness. Strengths - there is a lot of research on this topic. The proper equipment is available. I could just use pictures of both famous and non-famous individuals. Weaknesses - there is a lot of already completed research on this study. Would I be able to map out the areas of the brain properly? How in-depth do I need to go on the mapping of the areas. Would I be able to use the machines properly.

I'm going to use this one and see what my teacher says.

No comments:

Post a Comment