- 1/2 large eggplant, cubed
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 6 pineapple rings, cut into 24 chunks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 large pita bread rounds
In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, pineapple, vinegar, oregano, oil and garlic. Let marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature, stirring frequently.
Preheat the grill. Thread the vegetables and pineapple on metal shish kebab skewers, alternating colors. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned, basting with any leftover marinade.
Warm the pita rounds on the grill, turning once. Wrap 1 pita around each shish kebab.