Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Twilight: New Moon

I went and saw the Twilight New Moon movie on Sunday. It was awesome. I really really loved how close to the book the directed stayed this time. My favorite part was seeing the wolves for the first time. Not just when Paul and Jacob transform and fight but also when all five of the wolves show up to protect Bella from Laurent. I love how awesome they all look because I was worried that the movie would not do them justice with their size and everything. Mark is definitely Team Jacob but I don't think I am. I think I lean more towards Team Edward because the love he has for Bella lasts for an eternity, literally. I think experiencing a love that lasts longer than the expected life time would be amazing. You get to experience so much together for so long. That's amazing. Jacob on the other hand is more subjective because although they imprint on their true love it doesn't last as long. I feel like it could change for some reason. . .like if the person they imprint on doesn't love them back. I really also liked how much Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson acted. They weren't huffing and puffing and doing the annoying breathing thing they did all through out the first movie. I don't really like Kristen Stewart but this movie definitely changed some of my opinion of her. Thank God for the new director. He did an amazing job. I'm looking forward to the next movie, but for some reason this series does not have me completely impatient like Harry Potter did and still does. I guess my total loyalty still lies with HP [=. It's kind of hard to focus on these movies because the love story is so emphasized and drawn out. I get that it's extremely important to the story and junk but I just feel like it's a little overdone. I think that Dakota Fanning did absolutely FABULOUS in this movie. I've seen some criticisms that she wasn't even scary but really from the story I didn't think she was suppose to be scary. I think she was suppose to be intimidating but very collected and that's what she was. She wasn't suppose to make you scared out of your wits just scare you in the sense that you don't really know what she is capable of and that's scary. The fight scene with the Volturi was a good thing to add into the movie however R. Pats got his butt kicked and I definitely would have expected more from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment