Monday, July 13, 2009

Police volunteer

I am calling for an interview set up to be a Denver Police volunteer tomorrow. I'm excited because I think if I get to do what I want which is working with a certain department doing data entry type stuff and then jumping through the different departments it will definitely help my decision in where I work when I graduate. Besides doing ride-a-longs and junk I'm interested in doing sex offender registry, being the property crime assistant, doing crime mapping analysis, or domestic violence registration stuff. Those are definitely by far the most interesting things I can find on their list of VIP things to do. I'm a little worried about being able to jump around the different departments however because I think the guy is just going to tell me to go do the cadet program or the explorer program. I didn't pass the test for the cadet program which I was extremely disappointed about and I am too old for the explorer program. If he doesn't allow me to do what I want then I will just go back to Aurora and do it through them because I've already done it once before and if they have the space I know they'll let me do it again. I may end up getting a school credit for it too because I do not think that I will be able to get into the classes that I needed to this Fall. Kind of sucks because it's going to put me behind, but I'm learning to take things in stride and everything will fall into place on its own. [= 

No comments:

Post a Comment