Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Old Folks Homes

My ma found out today that her great aunt passed away. She was informed that her death is under investigation because authorities believe that she was beaten to death. According to I think my ma's Aunt Mae, the old folks home called and asked my family members if they could place her on hospice. My family asked why, they were wondering if she was dying of something. They just told them no. After that she was found dead. I don't know the whole circumstances or anything but I'm surprised that this touched my family. I did not know her or anything but it's just crazy how old folks are treated in those resident homes. I wish I could say that I would never put my parents into one of them but I can't say that for certain. I don't know what my circumstances will be like once they get that old. I don't know if  I will have the time and money to take care of them. I wish I could say that I never would especially because of everything that they do for me, but honestly I would my best to try and make their lives as easy, convenient, and comfortable as I could and if that means putting them into an old folks home then that's it. I definitely visit often and ensure that nothing was going wrong. I definitely think my Dad's family should have put my Grandpa into an old folks home. He was dangerous. He was a taxi driver and he picked up this same client every day and when his Alzheimer's got the best of him he would still go and try to pick the guy up. How do I know this. . .the guy lives in the same neighborhood as ours. His house was a nasty disaster. He did not take care of himself. My family members on that side did really nothing to watch out for him or take care of him. It was really quite sad. My Dad was of course devastated when he had a heart attack and died but in a way I was relieved. He didn't have to suffer from Alzheimer's anymore. He didn't have to suffer. I was angry with my Dad and his sister's, of course one was so drugged and alcohol'd up there was no way she was going to do anything, for not doing anything to take care of him. My cousin tried to do the best he could while he wasn't in jail. It just is sad. 

I've been thinking about going to visit his and my Grandma's grave. I was never that close with them because I was so young when they died, especially my Grandma. She took care of us though when we were little. I remember always watching The Price is Right with her and all the daytime drama's. I think they would appreciate a visitor up there in heaven and I know my brother and sister won't be going anytime soon. They're just like my parents. . .act cordial with family and get together only on holidays and for kids birthdays, force the niceness, other than that NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER. A couple Christmas' ago I was so pissed with my family because apparently even coming together is an extreme hassle. No one wants to go to anyone's house because they actually have to drive somewhere. OMG BIG FUCKIN' DEAL. . .at least we all live in the same fuckin' state. As much as I don't want my family, when I get one [hahaha get like its a consolation prize in the big competition of life], to be like how my family is now I know it's going to be. I'm not going to want to see the rest of my family because they don't really care to see my family. As long as no one has died or has a serious disease, we don't give a fuck what you're doing with your life. That's so pathetic. I wish my family was closer. Oh well. . .we're dysfunctional but we're definitely not the worst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment