Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Smoking



I just want to address how badly I hate when people smoke around me. It's absolutely disgusting and inconsiderate. In fact, I have resolved to tell, not ask because I feel it's totally rude to not go somewhere else in the first place, people to not smoke around me at all. I completely agree with Colorado's law of no smoking in public businesses and whatnot and I really think that we need to do away with cigarette production altogether. However, the likelyhood of something like that happening is extremely unlikely.

I have asthma and allergies and I can't stand the smell of the shit during and after a person smokes. If you smoke near me and I cuss you out don't get surprised. That shit is totally selfish. My manager smokes and he stinks so bad that when he comes near me I have to cover my nose and mouth so that I can't smell him because it makes me sick to my stomach. I am working on my own health and don't need someone else to detoriate it by smoking around me and giving me second hand smoke. I dealt with working in Bingo halls before smoking was prohibited and if I didn't get use to that shit then, then there is no chance of me ever getting use to it. I thank my boyfriend a 982938938595958987753 times for quitting smoking. He didn't do it for me, but if he hadn't quit smoking I don't think I would have gave him much of a chance of being with me and I am incredibly happy with him.

Now instead of just bitching about how badly smoking affects me I want anyone who reads this that smokes to take a look at your options for quitting. I know how hard a feat it is to quit something that is like a drug addiction, but imagine the happiness that you can bring not only to yourself, but to the others that are in and around your life. Check out smokefree.gov, lungusa.org, or even nicotine-anonymous.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment