Tuesday, December 29, 2009

15 Diet Tips From Web MD

1. Drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages
2. Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away
3. Consider whether you are really hungry
4. Be choosy about nighttime snacks
5. Enjoy your favorite foods
6. Enjoy your treats away from home
7. Eat several mini meals during the day
8. Eat protein at every meal
9. Spice it up - add more spicey foods
10. Stack your fridge with healthy convenience foods
11. Order children's portions at restaurants
12. Eat foods in season
13. Swap a cup of pasta for a cup of veggies
14. Use non-food alternatives to cope with stress
15. Be physically active

I think these are all really good tips. I know that if I want to be successful in the Academy and in my career as a police officer I need to get myself back into shape and muscled up. My legs can't do all the work for me when it comes to strength. I'll be getting my left over scholarship money in January and I'm making a diet and workout a reality. Mark and I both really want to lose some weight and get back into shape and I truly believe working out together is a great idea. I definitely need a motivational partner and it'll be good time to spend together and hopefully it will relieve any future stress between us (no more petty arguments or snappiness towards each other lol)!

No comments:

Post a Comment